Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Bolder Boulder Beers


I cold chill at a party in a b-boy stance
And rock on the mic and make the girls wanna dance...

Yesterday was the annual Bolder Boulder 10K road race, which has become tradition in the Commish household over the last few years. Why? I asked myself that as a trudged up the final hill to Folsom Field, more looking like a shuffling 80 year old than Frank Shorter. The BB is the "great Colorado race", as I sat in the stands afterwards and scanned the joy on the people's faces, as youngsters beamed as Mom or Dad finished. Runners adorned their bibs with Memorial Day tributes to family and friends who have served their country. A wide variety of characters along the course, from Elvis impersonators, belly dancers, people giving away bacon ("the real Powerbar"), college kids offering free beer, and aging hippies. All that is great and adds to the race's charm, but my favorite part is the lone Michelob Ultra each runenr is awarded after the race, for that watered down (and I mean just a step above water, Michelob Ultra makes Coors Light taste like Guiness) slim can is the only time I can legally drink a cold one in Folsom's confines. That, my people, is why I run.

RELATED: Pharcyde- "Runnin"

Labels: ,