Monday, September 07, 2009

Hawk Clipped

Gas face given, I beg to differ...

The enduring image I have from the despicable Buffs loss to the Rams last night is of a group of CSU fans yucking it up in the north Folsom enzone and doing snow angels.

It's not the anemic Buff running game struggling to get any yards, a offensive line billed as the real deal unable to open any holes. Heralded running back Darrel Scott sitting on the bench, electric Brian Lockridge barely logging any time won't stick with me.

I wont remember the CSU O-line pushing our defense around and a fifth year Ram QB dropping deep bombs over our corners heads. I'll be hard pressed to remember the boneheaded decision to run to the outside on a key fourth and one and getting stuffed.

Will I remember the boos reigning on the coaching staff throughout the night? Longtime, and I mean die hard fans, questioning their devotion. Will I remember the QB "controversy" that wasn't and the missed passes and dropped passes? The Ram fans partying on our field?

I should remember that this is the beginning of the end for Dan Hawkins. He simply isn't the man for Boulder, his zen and kitsch fits in, but his Xs and Os and personnel decisions don't. His teams get outschemed and out worked by his counterparts. 13 wins in four years, will we remember that?

But there's that kid doing snow angels in the endzone in the September heat. That's in my head, and we're the ones getting the snowjob.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Tuck said...

Too easy.

7:32 AM  
Anonymous firehawknow said...

the thing that peeved me was the total unorganization. plays getting in late, constant reshuffling of players at the line of scrimmage. WTF? That is COACHING!!!

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Homonculus said...

What really struck me was how much more athletic (strong, fast, etc...) the Rams were. If CU doesn't have the speed to keep up with CSU, the Big 12 games are going to be a nightmare.

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Spotwood said...

I don't think it was athleticism as much as it was lack of heart.

I'm disgusted that you can come out in your first game at home and look like it's a Spring practice.

11:49 AM  
Anonymous firehawknow said...

I think a few csu players are in the CU realm (Sisson, Greer, Stucker) but overall we beat them across the board. Our WRs cant hold a candle to theirs until Simas comes back and Simmons figures it out.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home