Monday, August 10, 2009

Blog is Buffaloed

I rocks hardcore even when I dress suited
On some business shit my street is deep rooted...

CU cornerback Ben Burney blessed the Black and Gold masses last week with his "blog" on the University Athletics website. Funny, revealing, well-written, insightful, and a bit on the edge, the initial entry was quite the hit in Buff Nation.

When I say edgy, Burney referenced his "libido", his flavor of the month gal peacefully sleeping, parties, and the regimented day of a CU football player heading to camp after a summer of fun. No big deal, it's college. We've all been there, done that.

However, when you play for a program that has unfairly dragged through the mud over the past five years, is based in a liberal-haven that is many times unfriendly of athletics, and you talk about it on a University site, people get nervous. Therefore, the Burney Blog is gonzo after one entry.
"I have been censored. They took parts out of my blog and they took it away from me," Burney said. "It was my idea and it saddens me. They didn't tell me why I got censored, they changed it and it was taken away from me." Burney told the media.
Ben, I've been doing this crap for three years and I'm just waiting for the day they take it away from me. In fact, they should've taken it away about 2 years, 11 months, 29 days ago. That said Ben, just sign up for a blogspot account and continue to tell your story.

RELATED: Heavy D f/ Big Daddy Kane, etc - "Don't Curse" - ("The smooth rap inventor that enter, parental discretion's not advised so there's no need to censor")

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Homonculus said...

"...then it all culminates in a Welcome by Hawk that will undoubtedly have the words, "sword", "samurai", and "blue collar" somewhere sprinkled out within it."

This had me rolling. I smell a SG guest author opportunity. This guy is good.

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Burney's entry was classic. Wondering what chick is walking around Boulder right now saying she was tha one refernced.

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home