Thursday, August 07, 2008

Opening Cipher Ceremonies


Songs for your Olympic fortnight:

--
Wu Tang Clan- "Triumph" ("Olympic torch flaming, we burn so sweet,the thrill of victory, the agony of defeat") VIDEO
--Kool G Rap- "It's a Shame" ("The boss of all bosses, I own racehorses and a fortress, corridors with Olympic torches and Mona Lisa portraits")
--LL Cool J- "4, 3, 2, 1" ("Snappin you ameteur MCs, don't you know I'm like the Dream Team tourin overseas") VIDEO
--Diamond D f/ Brand Nubian- "A Day in the Life" ("Your head's unravelling, my force is of a javelin")
--Snoop Dogg- "Gold Rush"
--Swollen Members- "Consumption" ("I can pole vault with a lightning bolt over the wall of China")
--Brand Nubian - "Slow Down" ("A real gold winner just like Bruce Jenner")
--Akinyele- "Checkmate" ("Before I start diving up in that ass like Greg Louganis")
--Defari- "Gems" ("Exactly, Defari lyrical athlete, find me in the final heat of the Olympic track meet")
--Craig Mack- "Flava in Ya Ear" ("This bad MC with stamina like Bruce Jenner") VIDEO
--Rodney O and Joe Cooley- "Everlasting Bass" ("Joe's as fast as Carl Lewis, he's black not Jewish")
--UGK f/ Outkast- "International Players Anthem" ("High jump the broom like a preemie out the womb") VIDEO
--LL Cool J- "Droppin Em" ("I'ma win the race and make you feel disgrace, in any case, yo, I'm movin like a steeplechase")
--Big Daddy Kane- "Lyrical Gymnastics"
--Lords of the Underground- "Here Come the Lords" ("I'm running over rappers like I'm a Jackie Joyner Kersey") VIDEO
--3rd Bass- "Gas Face Remix" ("Beijing students fought armies with guns and knives")
--Redman- "Yesh Yesh Y'all" ("When I flip this I got more work than a Olympic gymnast")
--Ultramagnetic MC's- "Yo Black" ("Make you think you swimmin' like that homey Mark Spitz")
--Tha Alkaholiks- "Can't Tell Me Shit" ("Girls call me God when I'm humpin, I should get a gold medal for broad jumpin")
--Pete Rock & CL Smooth- "If it Ain't rough, it Ain't Right" ("Mecca Don upon the streets of Babylon, pass the baton to respond like Farrakhan")
--Tha Alkaholiks- "Aww Shit" ("Lyrics flippin like Dominique Dawes with no drawers")
--Notorious BIG- "One More Chance Remix" ("While I'm swimmin in ya women like the breast stroke") VIDEO
--Casual- "Get Off It" ("But behold I got Seoul like the Olympics in eighty-eight")
--Jeru the Damaja- "Mental Stamina" ("Fuck it, you'll get your ass kicked,challenge my verbal gymnastics")
--Brother Ali- "Uncle Sam Goddamn" ("Only approved questions get answered, now stand your ass up for that national anthem") VIDEO

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

props on Swollen Members, vastly underrated in Hip Hop circles.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Hercules Rockefeller said...

I forgot what a bad-ass tune Triumph is. Inspectah Deck kills that verse.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diamond D I still love his stuff. Stunts Blunt & Hip Hop is just the shit. Why was he so overlooked on the Blogger list from last year? Seems like it is right up everyone's alley.

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Commish,

'Nuff respect for the industrious post. Can't recall the specific joints at this hour in the morning in the Big East, but Black Thought had a verse where he said, "Throw your verse like a javelin," and Mix-A-Lot said, "Huggin' more girls than Bela Karolyi."

One.

Fresh Marcus
www.freshmarcus.com

4:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Nat Turners with burners, Jackie Joyner Kersey"

-Ghostface on Wu-Tang's "Jump Off"

Great list, Commish.

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home