Friday, September 26, 2008

Bitin Our Style

I see you vision mama, I put my money on the longshots
All my ballers that's born to clock
Now I'ma be on top whether I perform or not
I went from lukewarm to hot; sleepin on futons and cots ...

It's bad enough that the big old mean Red Sox had to piss on our Rocky Mountain campfire last October, spoiling the World Series and our mojo. Now, they've taken our flash-in-the-pan catch phrase, 'Rocktober' and morphed it into their own Chowderhead version, Soxtober.

Gee, why not just take Pike Peak and plop in the bay too?

Perhaps we just have to accept the pilfering, because by now, Rocktober has certainly morphed into Fluketober in even the most hardened Purple and Black's fan's mind. Matt Holliday sliding into home? Not ringing a bell. Kaz Matsui's grand slam in the NLDS? Who? Eric Byrnes talking ish. Quit pulling my leg. Rocktober? Yes, I won tickets to see Stryper during that back in 89!

We will let the New Englanders have the 'Soxtober' moniker, hell, why not? Ship us a few cases of Sam Adams in return. Hey, and we have a few truckloads of 'Rocktober' gear leftover; nothing that a few rolls of duct tape and a Sharpie won't fix.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home