Ten reasons that you should cop Vast Aire's just released joint, Dueces Wild:
10. Another appearance by Camp Lo, this time from Geechi Suede on "Dynamic Duo." The pair dice through an alter ego named Vast Man, who is constantly trying to get into Cat Woman's panties.
9. No choruses asking Kobe Bryant how his ass tastes.
8. A newcomer producer, Melodious Monk, who's beats hark back to El-P's epic work on The Cold Vein.
7. Another newcomer, Le Parasite, puts Vast on the beat on the leadoff track, "You Like It" with its synthesizer undertones, horror film piano, and Vast telling us "he can break it down?"
6. References to former click Weathermen and Atoms Fam, and constant references to his newer posse, LXG (coincidence that it is the same name as a track on El-P's last album?)
5. This ain't Parker Lewis, but you gonna lose, cuz I can do karate in platform shoes...
4. An ill Das EFX sample on "Gimme That Mic" that features Weatherman member Copywrite.
3. A lyrical Tour de Force on "When Starz Fall," with a hard core Boom Bap beat. Lead off by Double A.B. ("ya wanna fight let's get it poppin like a pen and a balloon"); Thanos ("spit fire and breathe lasers"); Swave Sevah ("bottom line, Swave will smack ya, I'm a man of few words, how the fuck did I become a rapper?"); Vast ("I don't gotta floss, seven dudes step up, seven dudes get tossed"); and Karniege ("we all below frostbite, my mission in life- destroy all mics.")
2. The final track, "The Man Without Fear" is contains a melodic guitar riff that sounds like the Friday Night Lights theme.
1. A reunion track with Cannibal Ox partner, Vordul Mega on "Mecca and the Ox." Produced by the Chocolate Boy Wonder, Pete Rock.
Labels: Hip Hop